Device Links

I dont seem to be able to open ColorThinks Device Links in Profilemaker’s Profile Editor.

Editing device links isn’t possible in ProfileMaker’s Profile Editor as far as I can tell. You can do it in Monaco Profiler, but just for input and output curves (no selective edits).

DO you own the device link add on for Profilemaker. I had someone tell me that they could edit them but seemed to sound like they were editing Device Links made from ProfileMaker with ProfileMakers Profileditor??
I have ProfileMaker but not the device link option so didnt know if the add on allows you to edit the device links that are made???

Mike

On Mar 28, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Michael Eddington wrote:

Post generated from email list

Nope.

ProfileEditor doesn’t edit device links. I just made one in PMP and the editor pops an error when you try to open it.

I’m not sure why you’d want to edit a device link anyway. You can edit either profile and in ProfileMaker Pro alter all the necessary bits when you build the link.

I’m not real sure yet. School is in a bit.
We are looking at a machine called a Indigo a digital press. Talking with some of the support people they talk about using device links not profiles to control corporate colors, pure blacks and things like that. The said they need to edit the device link profiles they create. I have never been able to open or look at a device link after I make one.

I also have experienced that device links do more than tie profiles together they tend to alter colors differently than if you applied two profiles. At least on the Rampage system we have.

They said some monaco programs can edit the links. We are a ProfileMaker shop so dont have experience with Monaco products

Mike

On Mar 29, 2006, at 1:53 PM, andrewrodney wrote:

Post generated from email list