Spectrolino rev A - in need of a UV filter solution...

I discovered today that my spectrolino is too old to simply purchase a new UV filter from Xrite, the unit would have to be shipped to Switzerland and modified to rev C. I may be willing to do that had I not JUST sent it in for recertification. Dumping that much money into it just isn’t an option at this point. Thus I either need to find an old one (the 4.2mm version), or figure out some way of creating my own. My first choice would certainly be picking up a used one… maybe one of you nice folks have one? :wink: Barring that, creating my own sounds reasonable enough… take the D65 which I have never used (I know what D65 stands for, but when would one use that filter?), pop the D65 filter out and put my own UV filter in it. Though I have no way to know if it will meet the specs of the original, so when it performs a white point calibration it could be all out of whack if it’s expecting one set of values and receiving another. :confused:
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Are you sure your SpectroLino won’t take a current UV filter by X-Rite? Does it have something to do with physical/mechanical differences? I don’t know anything about changes in SpectroScan models over the years, but we have several here of varying ages and they all take the same 3-tab filter attachment.

X-Rite still sells them. Not as cheap as making your own but it’s an option.
https://www2.chromix.com/colorgear/shop/productdetail.cxsa?toolid=377

We were told the same thing for our rev a spectrolino. This was way back 7-8 years ago when I checked into it, but yep, the device had to be sent to Switzerland to be retro-fit for a uv filter.

Our spectrolino rev A will not take a uv filter without a trip to Switzerland either. I enquired about it back when it was still gretag Macbeth…one of the earlier models.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed Jul 22 20:23:00 2009
Subject: RE: Spectrolino rev A - in need of a UV filter solution…

Are you sure your SpectroLino won’t take a current UV filter by X-Rite? Does it have something to do with physical/mechanical differences? I don’t know anything about changes in SpectroScan models over the years, but we have several here of varying ages and they all take the same 3-tab filter attachment.

X-Rite still sells them. Not as cheap as making your own but it’s an option.
https://www2.chromix.com/colorgear/shop/productdetail.cxsa?toolid=377

o Pat Herold CHROMiX Tech Support
o 866.CHROMiX 206.985.6837

Post generated from email list