A couple of Curve2 oddities...

I think the Feedback system in Curve2 is being flummoxed by our oddball Proxy settings so I’ll try to duplicate the info here:

First the issues:

1. The buttons at the bottom of the tristimulus (Ink Hue / Chroma) graphs don’t seem to do anything. I can click them and the cursor changes but then clicking in the graph with that tool doesn’t do anything.

2. The ink test screen doesn’t save the files that I load there. (Maybe that’s the intended behavior, not sure)

System Info:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Platform Mac OS X 10.8.3 (This is technically incorrect… 10.8 is no longer referred to as “Mac” OS X…)
Application: Curve2 2.3
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

-Brian

I have added this to our Feedback database, thanks.

Concerning the Ink Test module: It is intended for a quick, one-off sort of thing where you can throw a measurement in there and see how it compares. But you’re not the first one to bring up the possibility of saving your files here, or under the Verify area. Let me know if you have a compelling reason to save your files here. Our thought is that the key things to save are the files and settings that result in the control points.

I think its just my confusion; the “Ink & Paper” tab on the “Analyze” section of the Calibration runs serves a similar purpose. Admittedly there’s more clicking going on if you want to see just one file there.

Something else I have to get used to is dragging files into the measurements window instead of using the “+” button. You can only select one file at a time in the “Open” window that appears so it’s time consuming to do it that way.

The software is really easy to use and though I haven’t loaded the recommended curves into my RIP yet, just the visualization portion has helped me understand our process a little better.

-Brian