A couple of error messages

Hi all

Reading the archives, I seem to understand that anomalies have to be reported here. If this is not the right thing to do, please let me know.

My configuration:

• G4 running OSX.3.9 (english version)
  • ColorThink Pro 3.0
  1. Starting the program I get a message saying “Error referencing disabled profile area due to unspecified enabled profile path”.

2. Choosing “Profile -> Profile Medic” displays the message “An unexpected error occured: Error n01” in a separate dialog on top of the “Profile Medic” window and ColorThink Pro begins “Scanning for files” apparently to no avail. Unchecking the “Include Disabled Profiles” option doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Sorry if this is old to the development team. :slight_smile:
Thank you for your interest.

Giordano

[quote="

t_username"]
Hi all

Reading the archives, I seem to understand that anomalies have to be reported here. If this is not the right thing to do, please let me know.

My configuration:

• G4 running OSX.3.9 (english version)
  • ColorThink Pro 3.0
  1. Starting the program I get a message saying “Error referencing disabled profile area due to unspecified enabled profile path”.

Giordano
[/quote]

I have been seeing this one too on my MacBookPro with 10.4.6.
In addition I am getting a CSError -4217 when I attempt to open any profile, and I am no longer able to see any 2d or 3d graphs at all.

I see that you are still running on the original version: 3.0.
We have solved this and other issues in our later beta releases. We encourage folks as much as possible to make use of the beta versions. They have all the latest improvements in the software, and we put them right up there on our website for anyone to download.

chromix.com/ColorThink/download.cxsa

Thanks for bringing this up again.
We sometimes forget that people search these forums for answers, so we want to make sure you get them!

Nope! I get the ‘error n01’ constantly with both the latest beta and latest release build. Sometimes you can click OK and the dialog will go away and then you can continue. Other times, the dialog just keeps cycling and only a restart of CT Pro will cure it. There is no consistency as to where this happens either.
George

Okay. We’d better get some more details here:

• Are you on the Windows version or Mac?
  • The original thread here was talking about getting the Error N01 when launching the Profile Medic. Is this where you are getting the error, or other places?

XP Pro
I get this error everywhere and not just Profile Medic. I can’t even load the latest beta without this error popping up. Sometimes I can click the OK button and the dialog goes away, sometimes not, then I have to shut CT Pro down with Ctl-Alt-Del and end program/process.
I’ve sent screen caps and bug reports on this as well through the CT web bug interface.
VG