About chromatic adaptation and Bradford model

I would be very happy receiving clarifications in the following points.

(i) When converting a ColorMatch file into Adobe-98 profile (within relative colorimetry option), Photoshop performs a chromatic adaptation in order to map the 5000K white into 6500K white. Right?
(ii) A monitor calibrated at 5000K performs a chromatic adaptation when displaying a picture opened in any profile with white at 6500K. Right ?

If any answer is “no”, please comment.

If I am right so far, let us go on.
I wonder whether Bradford model is really used in these chromatic adaptations. I understood it should be now; in his web site, Bruce Lindbloom does claim that Photoshop uses it. But:
(i) In the conversion from 5000 to 6500K (i.e. ColorMatch towards Adobe-98) there should be slight changes in Lab components, somewhat larger than the rounding errors in the info palette of Photoshop. Conspicuously, nothing happens (except for a few colors along gamut borders).
(ii) two pictures with identical Lab but with profiles at strongly different color temperatures should look slightly different in the display. I tried with a 6500K profile and a custom profile at 2856K (A-illuminant) and I saw no difference.

Would the elements of my system be significative, I am working with MacOS-10.3.9, an Apple Cinema display calibrated with an Eye-One spectrometer driven by Eye-One-Match 3.4, and I am running Photoshop CS2 with Adobe(ACE) as CMM engine.

Thank you for any explanations.
Charles Vassallo

Sorry, my questions were irrelevant. I was confused with the “Lab” components displayed in the info palette; I wrongly supposed they were related to the same color temperature as the RVB displayed in the same palette. Actually they are systematically chromatically adapted to a D50 reference white, whatever that of the colorimetric space, so that all my puzzlements vanished.

Charles