Anyone know where I can find free RIP software???

I was wondering if anyone knows where I find free color management RIP software??

Do you mean a free trial download? Or Free forever?

If you want a temporary rip to tryout one that comes to mind is from ColorBurstrip.com.

Jim Rich

On 12/8/06 2:47 PM, “forum8” forum8420@aol.com wrote:

Post generated from email list

I would like free forever. I tried limewire but nothing came up. Any other suggestions??

Full blown color RIPs are way overpriced IMO, but a logically consequense of being written for pros and high end semi-pros. “Desktop tailored” RIPs are way cheaper.

Q is, what do you want a RIP for? If you want the linearization and ink controll features, you will have to spend money on a spectrometer of some sorts. What printer do you have? If its 17" or belove there are reasonable prices out there.

But to expect free lunch… ahem…

Kind Regards

Niels

If you’re doing black and white printing, Quad Tone RIP is donation based and reasonable. Use, like, then donate. (Assuming like.) See www.quadtonerip.com.

ColorQuick has launched Veroproof v1.2, a free remote proofing software solution that works right out of the box WITHOUT calibration or spectrophotometers. We just received certification from the IDEAlliance for meeting GRACoL, SWOP3, and SWOP5 specs for our system’s use on the Epson R2880. We also support HP8850 and HP9180 printers.

A COMPLETELY FREE – FOREVER copy of Veroproof can be downloaded from our website.

In addition, each box of Veroproof paper purchased entitle the user to free color management and free remote transmission of their proofs.

veroproof.com

Regards,
Scott