Beginner Adobe color management question - Gracol

I found that prints looked better on our printer with Colorburst v6 set to “Gracol v7” rather than “CMYK Custom Sheetfed Input”.

From what I understand, I think should download and install from idealliance the “GRACoL2006_Coated1v2.icc” and add it to my Macs.

Is that right? I wasn’t sure if there was a difference between Gracol 2006 and v7. I didn’t know if there was supposed to be an Gracol v7 ICC profile I should be installing/using on the Macs for Adobe apps… Or if it is ok to have the printer set to Gracol v7 and the Macs using “GRACoL2006_Coated1v2.icc”

Let me know what you think are the best settings.

Thanks!

While “CMYK Custom Sheetfed Input.icc” is of similar size as “GRACoL2006_Coated1v2.icc”, they are not the same and will affect your color differently. I’m not sure what a “Gracol v7” profile would do because I don’t have such an animal to look at. (Send me yours in an email and I’ll take a look at it.) GRACoL2006_Coated1v2.icc is the main one used today as a good, wide, CMYK space to print toward. There has not been a true upgrade to it to my knowledge. That’s really what you should be using in both cases.

Sometimes, different groups will take the GRACoL2006_Coated1v2 data set and create a new profile will different black generation or other settings, and call it something new - although it is fundamentally the same. The “ColorBurst GRACoL G7” profile is like that. But send me your profile and I’ll check it out.