Beta 2.2b16 - Graph Control Palette - Remember Location

The movable Graph Palette is new in b16, right?

I was wondering if it would be possible to set the Graph Control Palette in a spot on the screen and have the software remember where it is each time.

Right now, each time I open a chart or something, the Graph Control Palette is sort of in the way. I usualy move it under the palette at the right of the screen but others may move it somewhere else.

It’s fine to default it there but please consider allowing the user to move the palette and have the software remember where it is each time a graph is opened.

One feature request , too …
Could you possibly provide a few ‘presets’ for the graph views?
For example, I find myself generally setting a certain transparency, a certain dot type and size, etc.
It would be nice to be able to have a little drop down menu with some user-preset graph styles.

At 10:25 AM -0700 8/10/05, richardbrackin wrote:

The movable Graph Palette is new in b16, right?

new in the beta, yes. Shouldn’t be new to the betas of 2.2 though.

It used to be a “sheet” under OS X and appear as part of the graph window. As cool as it was it drove many people (including me) nuts so I pulled it out as a normal floating window like it is on OS 9 and Windows

I was wondering if it would be possible to set the Graph Control Palette in a spot on the screen and have the software remember where it is each time.

yeah, it should already remember this… I’ll see about testing this…

Right now, each time I open a chart or something, the Graph Control Palette is sort of in the way. I usualy move it under the palette at the right of the screen but others may move it somewhere else.

It’s fine to default it there but please consider allowing the user to move the palette and have the software remember where it is each time a graph is opened.

no doubt. It should be “sticky” about it’s location. If you move it off screen though (even partially, perhaps) then it might try to move itself back on screen… I’ll look into it

One feature request , too …
Could you possibly provide a few ‘presets’ for the graph views?
For example, I find myself generally setting a certain transparency, a certain dot type and size, etc.
It would be nice to be able to have a little drop down menu with some user-preset graph styles.

A few of the graph settings have this ability already. If you right-click (control-click) on some of the graphing checkboxes/radio buttons you will see a popup that allows you to set that controls current setting as the default.

This may not be well documented (or at all I can’t remember)…

give it a try and let me know what you think…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

That’s really odd …
Now, all the sudden the chart palette remembers where it was when I quit the program or closed out the graphing window. It didn’t take till just now…even when I launced ColorThink Beta 16 this morning it didn’t remember the location …now it does.

I tried the ctrl+click.
It allows the user to select the default surface shading.
I was unable to find other contextual menus that would pop out when using the ctrl+click method.

Here’s a simple articulation of my suggestionl:

1. Build a series of preset graph types and name them.
  2. Each graph type would allow most all the customized graphing items to be saved in the preset.
  3. Then, ctrl click each of the profiles selected in the ‘plot items’ menu (or any plottable item) to apply that particular viewing preset to each respective profile.

thank you for your help and attention