Brand New ColorEyes Monitor Calibrator (DTP94) is scratched.

This past week I purchased a brand new ColorEyes monitor calibration system from Chromix. When my new calibration system arrived, the monitor calibrator, an Xrite DTP94 with a ColorEyes logo on top, had several scratches on the body and the immediate area surrounding the sensor. The sensor itself is not scratched and the device seems to work fine.

Has anyone else received a scratched ColorEyes DTP94 calibrator? If so, what did you do about it?

I’m not happy with paying top dollar for a product and then seeing several scartches on the product. I’ve spoken with Chromix and the conclusion is that the scratches are simply the result of ColorEyes/Intergrated Color testing the Xrite calibrator. This doesn’t seem right.?

Thank you,
Steve

At 11:05 AM -0700 6/14/05, raiderlegend wrote:

This past week I purchased a brand new ColorEyes monitor calibration system from Chromix. When my new calibration system arrived, the monitor calibrator, an Xrite DTP94 with a ColorEyes logo on top, had several scratches on the body and the immediate area surrounding the sensor. The sensor itself is not scratched and the device seems to work fine.

Has anyone else received a scratched ColorEyes DTP94 calibrator? If so, what did you do about it?

I’m not happy with paying top dollar for a product and then seeing several scartches on the product. I’ve spoken with Chromix and the conclusion is that the scratches are simply the result of ColorEyes/Intergrated Color testing the Xrite calibrator. This doesn’t seem right.?

Actually, I’m not sure if we were clear about that. The explanation from the manufacturer was that it was “typical”.

This was not a satisfactory explanation for us and that is why we offered to swap out your instrument with another new one. Then we would deal with the manufacturer on our end.

If you did not get this full message then I apologize. Please contact us directly if you want to swap it out.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Hi Steve,

This is the first I have heard about swapping out the calibrator. When I spoke with Chromix yesterday part of the conversation was that you had five ColorEyes calibrators in stock and that all five were going out to customers that day.

I’ll give Chromix a call.

-Steve