Can I use the iCColor 310 for profiling with ProfileMaker 5

Does anyone know if I can use the GMB iCCOLOR 310 with
ProfileMaker 5.0.3 to measure test charts (TC9.18 and ECI2002)?
I find the product literature from GMB is a bit confusing due to the
way they break up functionality (they seem to offer a lot of
‘upgradeable’ options).

The iCcolor 200 series seems targeted for this use; but, I also
would like to be able to measure RA4 control strips and one device
that does both would be nice.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for an XY strip reader that will
work with GMB ProfileMaker? (I understand the new X-Rite DTP70
is not supported.) We are currently using DTP-41’s but the chart
reading process is a bit too slow with that device.

Thanks!

Ray

I believe it can do this as an option

iCColor is pretty much it…perhaps the i1 with the i1 IO robotic arm. This will measure transparent material, but I couldn’t say specifically if it would measure RA4 control strips

Yes, iCColor 300 series can do RA4, E6 and C41 chemical control and can also read reflective test charts (eg ECI2002, IT8.7/3) relatively fast (ECI2002 in 15 minutes). Unfortunately, the device can’t read transmissive profiling charts.

I can’t understand why GretagMacbeth always forgets the last detail to make their products perfect. Example of this are many: EyeOne with interchangeable filters (UV, Pol), iCColor with spectral readings for transmission, DensiEye 700 with contrast calculation, faster SpectroScan with USB, SpectroEye with smaller aperture (at least 3mm), PM5 MeasureTool with dot area & dot gain export, EyeOne Display 2 with 3D gamut compression, black measurement for adjusting color cast in shadows (in monitors that can) and calibration verification. As some say… life isn’t perfect.

Xavier

No doubt…so what are options for measureing new reference files…send it out to a service that does this, or purchase say a Barbieri Spectro 100xy …for $11,000 + :open_mouth:

I can’t understand why you can get removable filters for the Spectrolino, but not for the i1…or the ICColor for that matter. Is there something about the set up of the hardware that makes it a disadvantage to be able to change filters, or is it just that gluing the UV filter on is cheaper than manufacturing a removable one?

At 4:14 PM -0700 5/12/05, xavier_DE0 wrote:

Yes, iCColor 300 series can do RA4, E6 and C41 chemical control and can also read reflective test charts (eg ECI2002, IT8.7/3) relatively fast (ECI2002 in 15 minutes). Unfortunately, the device can’t read transmissive profiling charts.

I can’t understand why GretagMacbeth always forgets the last detail to make their products perfect. Example of this are many: EyeOne with interchangeable filters (UV, Pol), iCColor with spectral readings for transmission, DensiEye 700 with contrast calculation, faster SpectroScan with USB, SpectroEye with smaller aperture (at least 3mm), PM5 MeasureTool with dot area & dot gain export, EyeOne Display 2 with 3D gamut compression, black measurement for adjusting color cast in shadows (in monitors that can) and calibration verification. As some say… life isn’t perfect.

this is an astute observation that I share. I hadn’t put it together but you are right. There seems to be a lilttle something left out… X-Rite does this as well it seems…

At 5:16 AM -0700 5/13/05, Michael Eddington wrote:

I can’t understand why you can get removable filters for the Spectrolino, but not for the i1…or the ICColor for that matter. Is there something about the set up of the hardware that makes it a disadvantage to be able to change filters, or is it just that gluing the UV filter on is cheaper than manufacturing a removable one?

I think that this, and the other problems mentioned by Xavier sometimes come out of a very strong desire within GMB to segment markets.

When I ask about missing things (like filters for the Eye-One) the answer I get is that the customer can go to the 'Lino for filters. Obviously this is not an option for many users. When I mention the lack of USB, etc on the 'Lino I hear ‘that’s what the i1’s for’… I understand the desire (and need) to segment markets but I wish they’d talk to us about where the lines get drawn.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list