Cheap (free) profile

I have access to the tools necessary to create an ICC profile for my inkjet printer at home. (digital target, spectrophotometer)

Is anyone here aware of software that will allow me to print and read a target for manual entry and subsequent creation of an ICC profile?

This is my home printer and while I would love to pay someone to make a profile for every ink/paper combo I print, I would rather do it myself.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Also, how accurate are Epsons “canned” profiles? Say I buy their paper and use their inks… how much better would a profile I create be? (If at all)

Sorry, I just realized the precarious nature of a question like this at a retailer-sponsored web-site. If you so wish, you may reply to me directly at the email in my profile.

I understand the reluctance of the Chromix group in answering this question, particularly as it pertains to a function of thier software! Rest assured this is a one-time request. My home printer would be the only application for this, and I would not distribute any method suggested here.

“Also, how accurate are Epsons “canned” profiles? Say I buy their paper and use their inks… how much better would a profile I create be? (If at all)”

Some weeks ago, I would say that the Espon’s profiles are globaly good, but since I have my I1-photo, Profile maker a little more experience, the custom made profiles are far away better and I it will be hard going back to the canned profiles. They are more accurate, especially when printing BW photographs on archival matte paper and other foreign papers.
All the best

Norbert

26 C in Paris, Cloudy but luminous !