Color Think Pro 3.0 - Slicer Bug?

Just downloaded and installed Color Think Pro 3.0 onto my macintosh running OSX 10.3.9.

Every time in 3D I want to display the gamut with the Slicer by either command S or checking the Slicer button, the Color Think Pro 3.0 application quits. Anyone else having the same trouble.

I can’t answer your questions specifically, but I have reported almost 60 bugs in version 3.0. This is on a PC, but about 85% of the first 15 bugs have been confirmed on the Mac, so my guess is that most are platform independent. However, I haven’t encountered this particular bug on my PC, so this one may be Mac specific, or due to some specifics of your system.

–John

It’s happening on the mac, too.

I cannot seem to reproduce this here on multiple Macs or Windows machines (which is more than a little maddening)

Are any of you directly connected to the Internet? What I mean by directly connected is using an IP address that is not behind a firewall or NAT.

If so, and you are willing, I can run Pro in debug mode remotely on your machine and then watch it crash. Then I can kill the bug…

any takers? please contact me directly at CCTbugs (at) chromix.com

Steve

Steve, I emailed you if you want to try on my machine at home in an hour or so.
I’ve got a cable modem and maybe it will work.

I can get the error on both my G4 and the G5.
I emailed you the crash log if that will help any.

Steve,

I am happy to help (emailed as requested), but don’t have this particular bug. I suspect it may be Mac only, as both who reported it run Mac, while I am on a PC.

–John

At 2:10 PM -0800 1/4/06, Michael Johnston wrote:

Just downloaded and installed Color Think Pro 3.0 onto my macintosh running OSX 10.3.9.

Every time in 3D I want to display the gamut with the Slicer by either command S or checking the Slicer button, the Color Think Pro 3.0 application quits. Anyone else having the same trouble.

OK, I have finally found this problem.

It seems to be a bug in OS 10.3.x using drawers on a window that contains OpenGL elements. (is bug stomping fun?)

So, if you are using Mac OS 10.4 or Windows you won’t see the problem.

The bug has been fixed (we don’t use a drawer for the slicer control in 10.3) in the next release. I’ll be making a beta of the bug-fix release available soon and once we nail down the most troublesome problems we’ll do a full build / package release.

Thanks for your patience and help all!

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

I finally got around to getting my own copy of ColorThink Pro (hallelujah!), and I am already experiencing a few problems.

1. The biggest one so far is that, whenever I use the Grapher, the app quits when I activate the Slicer. I have read on the forum that it’s got something to do with Mac OS 10.3.x (I have 10.3.9), and I can indeed confirm that I am having trouble too.

2. When I plot the “Lab Neutral Test - all points” color list in the Grapher, and then select Plot as Vectors, the profile that I have selected does not appear in the Destination window, though I can see that the neutrals are being plotted in the Grapher window. But if I deselect the color list in the Plot List window, then reselect it, the profile name finally appears in the Destination window. Mmm…

3. In the middle of creating a device link profile, an “unknown error” popped up, and the app froze. I had to Force Quit. It may have had something to do with the fact that I clicked on the Finder window while the DL was being created in ColorThink Pro, leaving that process going in the background, but, still, that doesn’t sound to me like it should happen.

There are other minor problems too, but these are the ones I’d like to get a handle on most urgently at the moment.

Thank you.

At 12:34 PM -0700 8/27/06, marco wrote:

Yes, this one is based on drawers (those slide-out sub-windows) and OS 10.3.x. Please try the beta. On the beta, I removed the drawer function for the slicer control and put it in a floating window which fixed the problem. When you upgrade to 10.4.x you will see the drawers correctly.

also fixed in the beta

no, it doesn’t. I’m not sure what might have caused this problem but i have found one thing that may not be addressed on the beta yet. As far as I have been able to determine in the ICC spec, device link profiles can go from any space to any space. So I left Pro to its own devices, so to speak, and I allow it to create Lab->device or device->Lab links. This seems to be a no no for any CMM that the resulting links encounter - the LCMS CMM in Pro being to exception - and opening this kind of profile can cause the CMM to crash which brings down ColorThink without warning… So if this is the type of profile, then it might be related…

do try the beta. I have addressed a number of issues and will continue to do so…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

I just downloaded the 3.0.3b7 beta update, and both the Slicer and Plot As Vectors functions now behave correctly.

Good job, Steve. Thank you.

Marco