ColorCast?

ColorCast? Hmmm… Sounds like something I try to avoid normally. :wink:

I’m curious what kinds of controls I will have when building a “proof” profile under ColorCast. For instance, will I be able to purify the blacks and adjust the GCR? Will there be even more control than that, like profile editing?

There are times when I’ve wanted to make device link profiles, but my RIPs do not support them. This could be a work-around for me.

Thanks,

At 3:56 PM -0700 9/15/05, devlinr wrote:

ColorCast? Hmmm… Sounds like something I try to avoid normally. :wink:

yeah, that did cross my mind. Then I thought that it would still help it be memorable and there are some good plays on the work “Cast”

I’m curious what kinds of controls I will have when building a “proof” profile under ColorCast. For instance, will I be able to purify the blacks and adjust the GCR? Will there be even more control than that, like profile editing?

purifying the blacks isn’t really possible. As a ColorCast profile is, in essence, a “normal” device profile, it still converts to and from Lab so blacks becoming 4 channel is still a possibility… at least I think so… I’ll have to give it a bit more thought.

When you lay out a workflow in the new Color Worksheet you have control over the rendering intent and the order of the profiles. These are concatenated into the device profile to retain the effect but lose the extra profiles.

We are not going to the level of profile editing with this though. This is really about taking good-quality profiles and embedding them into another profile so their effect is maintained.

There are times when I’ve wanted to make device link profiles, but my RIPs do not support them. This could be a work-around for me.

it could if the effects of other profiles is what you wanted to capture. If you want device links in order to preserve clean blacks then it won’t

ColorThink Pro will generate device links that DO have clean blacks though. If you find you have a place you can use them.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list