Coloreyes display pro and spyder2 BIG MESS

Background info

1. Philips 170B LCD working perfectly

2. ATI Radeon 9600 Series working fine

3. Spyder colorimeter working fine.

4. ColorEye Display Pro Demo Version just downloaded.

5. Adobe gamma was 2.2

6. Adobe profile was removed from startup long ago.

7. On Windows XP platform

Before calibration, my screen is very bright at 100%. I chosen “utitlize DDC” setting in the Coloreye software before calibration. After calibration, my whole LCD become very very very dim even though its 100%. Theres no instruction in the software that mentioned reverting back to default settings. :dunno:

I have tried to uninstall my ATI Radeon Drivers and reinstall it. Still the same problem…

I have tried to recalibrate at least 10 times with different settings including unchecking “utilize DDC” but the dim still persist. OMG :cry:

I have removed the ColorEye Calibrated profile from my color management in control panel. Still the same problem. Please help. My dad is going to kill me. :astonished::o

This sounds like a low luminance setting was plugged into the software, and it did a great job of hitting it.

In the ColorEyes software, under Advanced, look in the White Point Target area and see what luminance you have set. My guess is you have something besides maximum in there. ColorEyes is unique among the popular monitor profiling packages in that it will just about guarantee that whatever number you put in there as an aim point for luminance, it will do its darndest to hit it - even if it has to reduce the curves in the graphics card on your computer in order to do it.

This is actually quite an important feature these days, as more people are trading in their old CRTs for these new bright LCD displays. Some of them are too bright, and most software packages depend on the monitor controls to reduce the brightness to the desired luminance. For some people in some situations though, they turn down their screen to zero brightness, and its still too bright.

I’m sorry, I’m rambling aren’t I? Lets get you fixed up so you don’t get into trouble with Dad. Calibrate with maximum luminance, or delete the profile and reboot.

Something to note about Windows systems: When you change or delete an active profile, you won’t actually see the changes take effect until something re-loads the new color information into the Look Up Table in the video card. So after you remove the ColorEye profile, you’d need to run the Calibration loader program, or just re-boot the machine in order to see it go back to the default monitor profile.

Let me know if this helps. The field of color management is generally a low-stress profession.
So it’s not often I get a chance to save someone’s life!

Calibration loader program–> is this the color management tab under my ATI catalyst control centre?

Calibration loader program----> what is this?

CalibrationLoader.exe is a program in the Calibration Loader folder in Windows systems. You should be able to find it here:

C:\Program Files\GretagMacbeth\i1\Eye-One Match 3\CalibrationLoader

It’s just a little program that fires upon startup to make sure the current monitor profile’s LUT info is loaded into the video card.