ColorSync Filters on Tiger and Leopard

Apple still has the ability to create ColorSync filters on Leopard but does not seem to have anywhere to apply them. The filters are an Abstract class and in Tiger they where in the print dialog of apple preview. In both Tiger and Leopard users have the ability to create there own filters in the ColorSync utility and use them with preview. When users created their own filters they did not seem to become abstract profiles or the abstracts where created on the fly when the filter was used and then not stored.

Abstracts have some significant power but few apps address that class of profile. The ColorSync Utility provides abstracts but doesn’t allow for their creation.

Question 1: Is there any place to apply abstract filters in Leopard. Colorsync still supports abstract as a class so how could it not be there.

Question 1: Is there anyway to get the ColorSync utility to create an abstract class profile with the features available in the utility. I keep wondering if some of the other features in the ColorSync filter utility are not usable when creating an abstract profile.

Question 3: Is there any other program that creates abstract class profiles and if there is - How do the abstracts get applied.

P.S. This ain’t my first rodeo… Please don’t tell me that I can use photoshop to Sepiatone and that is all the ColorSync filters do. They do a ton of things and they don’t seem to be utilized anywhere. Sorry for the disclaimer but I have posted to a couple of other list and people keep telling me how to do things without filters.

I figured out the answers to part so if anyone knows the rest of the answers that would be great. I wanted to post the answer in case anyone else needs to know.

Question: Is there anyway to get the ColorSync utility to create an abstract class profile with the features available in the utility. I keep wondering if some of the other features in the ColorSync filter utility are not usable when creating an abstract profile.

Answer: Nope, The Colorsync utility can not create an abstract profile. The abstracts where created with something else and looks like they where added to the ColorSync filter application. Thus, lots of the great features like image convolution and sharpening are not part of the Abstract. They are part of the Quartz Filters.

Question: Is there any other program that creates abstract class profiles and if there is - How do the abstracts get applied.

Answer: I probably phrased this question poorly and I did know that ColorThink creates abstracts. What I really wanted to know was if there was a way to add convolution, compression, etc to an abstract profile. My error was in thinking that those features that where present in the ColorSync Filter Utility where available in an abstract profile. They are not. What messed me up is all the stock filters are abstracts so I incorrectly thought that all the features in the utility where part of an abstract profile. I am glad I corrected myself before anyone answered. I feel pretty stupid. I should have known that.