Colorthink Pro Windows Beta 5 Bug List

There are still 37 bugs on my list, many of them serious (system lockup, wrong results). Only one or two minor bugs (from my list) were fixed between Beta 4 and Beta 5. My list can be found here:

bigweasel.com/Colorthink_Buglist.pdf

Spectral measurement file for bug #7 located here:

bigweasel.com/DJ_130_PPPS_Ma … verage.txt

–John

I reorganized the Windows bug list into the following sections:

Operating System Lockup - 2
Program Gives Wrong Values/Information - 9
Program Crash or Error Message - 2
Program Malfunction - 10
Window With Wrong Focus - 5
Cosmetic - 6
Design Problem - 6

Total - 40

–John

I am going to leave the list at the same location and update it as I find new bugs (and to remove bugs that are fixed in the upcoming betas). Here is the current breakdown:

Operating System Lockup - 2
Program Gives Wrong Information - 11
Program Crash, Hang or Error Message - 4
Program Malfunction - 18
Window with Wrong Focus - 6
Cosmetic - 6
Design Problems - 7

Total - 54

Note that some of the bugs are obscure, some are minor, some are my opinion (e.g., design problems). You can look at the list for yourself.

It would certainly be helpful if someone else (preferably on the PC Platform) would check to see which of these bugs are reproducible and which are specific to my system.

–John

I took the liberty of temporarily installing Colorthink Pro Beta 5 on another system (for testing purposes only). Nine of the bugs from the current list were not reproducible on the other system (which has a faster 3D graphics card). This includes the two OS lockup bugs, but unfortunately all of the “Wrong Values” Bugs were reproduced. The list has been updated to show which bugs were not reproducible on the second system.

–John

PS Five of the seven crash bugs were reproducible on both computers.

–John

Buglist has been updated with several new bugs. I added the date the list was updated so you can see if your copy is up to date. It would be helpful to have another PC tester to check bugs, since I no longer have access to the other system I used for testing. For the future I will only have my Matrox P750 system to test on.

–John

Current status of the Bug list:

Operating System Lockup - 2 (both Matrox P750 system only)
Program gives wrong values or delta-E colors - 12 (2 may not be bugs)
Program crash or error message - 11 (3 Matrox P750 system only, 3 others obscure)
Program malfunction - 31 (7 Matrox P750 only, many of the others are fairly annoying but don’t prevent using the program)
Window with Wrong Focus - 6
Cosmetic - 6
Design Issues - 9 (note that many of these are strictly my opinion)

I consider the “program crash/error message” and especially the “program gives wrong values or delta-E colors” to be the most serious for real world use of Colorthink Pro. I am not sure why the Matrox system has 12 bugs that don’t occur on the other system.

The entire list can be downloaded from the link above so you can see for yourself. Any other testers out there? :smiling_imp:

–John