ColorThink Pro

Hello, I want to know the status of ColorThink Pro, when it’s supposed to be released?

Thanks
Xavier

The status is “almost at beta”. It is a significant upgrade from the existing product and contains many functions that have to be verified (statistical analysis of profiles, etc). So the testing is going to take a while.

We’ll be adding information about Pro to our website soon.

Thanks for your patience, we’ll keep you posted

Steve

Hello Steve,
Any news regarding ColorThink Pro?
Xavier

Was there a previous version of colorthink pro available? I’m curious because while digging through my copy of Real World Color Mgmt. recently I noticed that some of the lessons utilize Colorthink Pro.

At 10:48 AM -0700 5/16/05, jkotz wrote:

Was there a previous version of colorthink pro available? I’m curious because while digging through my copy of Real World Color Mgmt. recently I noticed that some of the lessons utilize Colorthink Pro.

Hi Folks,

There has not been a previous version available. I sent them some screen shots and they were generous enough to put them in the new book. At the time I was certain that Pro would be shipping within a month or two but a very busy small company, a newborn baby boy and a rather complicated programming task conspired to delay the software…

So… I’m been making great strides with Pro and we are nearing the point where we will be doing extensive internal testing. This is a rather complicated piece of software with a whole new area of capabilities than the current version of ColorThink. Also, as there are many more numbers and statistics, we need to be sure that what it’s doing, it’s doing well.

I’ll keep you up to date (on this list and in our newsletter) about the status of Pro.

It’s on its way… thanks for your collective patience…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Thanks for your answer Steve, and congratulation for your new baby.

Are you familiar with ColorPursuit tool? For what I saw in your demo of an early ColorThink Pro, there are many tools and features similar to ColorPursuit. Am I correct?

Thanks
Xavier

At 4:28 PM -0700 5/17/05, xavier_DE0 wrote:

Are you familiar with ColorPursuit tool? For what I saw in your demo of an early ColorThink Pro, there are many tools and features similar to ColorPursuit. Am I correct?

there are similarities, yes. It is interesting that we cam up with similar ideas separately.

There are many, many differences though. I don’t really have the bandwidth to go into all of them yet but suffice to say that ColorThink Pro will be like Pursuit x 10 or perhaps x 20… many more features and tests / reporting techniques…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list