Contemplating a ColorEyes Display purchase

I have a DIY PC with Dell’s Ultrasharp 2001FP, a Canon i9900, a Microtek Scanmaker 4 and Finepix’s S602z. I was told that monitor calibration is the 1st step to better prints. What about scanner and camera calibration?

Typically, most people should ‘nail-down’ their printing and soft-proofing workflow first. Profiling the monitor is probably the most important first step if it is to be used for validation of colors. The second step would be to profile your printer. I would argue that it’s often best to import your images into the profiled workflow and then color manage from your viewing environment down to your printer. This gives you a QA process to validate your images for accuracy on both monitor and printer. Profiling the monitor and printer first also tends to simplify things (it’s complicated enough!). If after that you find area’s of your input that need improvement (tonal range, data clipping, detail, etc.), then that can warrant possible profiling of that input device (camera, scanner).
The ColorEyes Monitor calibration product is excellent BTW.

oRick Hatmaker, CHROMiX

On May 21, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Taxi_man#61 wrote:

Post generated from email list

Wow. I only caught some of that. Would the ColorEyes Monitor be my 1st purchase to perform the tasks you mentioned below?

Yes, the ColorEyes Display would be an excellent first choice. I’d be happy to talk offline if you would like to discuss it further.

oRick Hatmaker, CHROMiX

On May 22, 2006, at 2:55 PM, Taxi_man#61 wrote:

Post generated from email list