CT Pro is a very buggy application.

I purchased CT Pro a few days ago and have been very, very disappointed in the amount of user interface issues as well as major and minor bugs. I haven’t even delved into the actual reference data areas such as deltaE, etc. by cross checking with PMP 5 as I haven’t been able to establish any type of usable workflow with CT Pro yet.
Oh, and BTW, I’m not some newb with a borderline eMachine. I have several test bed systems as I alpha/beta and/or consult for several imaging companies including Capture One, Bibble Pro, Imagenomic, Neat Image, HDRsoft, PowerRetouche, etc., etc. I also just contacted John Hollenberg as he and I were both senior beta testers for Rawshooter Pro and have been reviewing his bug lists. When I get more time, I’ll evaluate the dE problem but the buggy interface and how the profile lists are handled should be a moot issue at this stage of development.
Does the developers read these forums? Also, this bugginess is on both the beta and it’s successor.
Regards,
George

Oh, and BTW, I’m not some newb with a borderline eMachine. I have several test bed systems as I alpha/beta and/or consult for several imaging companies including Capture One, Bibble Pro, Imagenomic, Neat Image, HDRsoft, PowerRetouche, etc., etc. I also just contacted John Hollenberg as he and I were both senior beta testers for Rawshooter Pro and have been reviewing his bug lists.

Well if this doesn’t get the guys from Chromix going, what will?

There is a lots of things to wish for that is not working very well, but I start with this first. when opening a RGB profile in the Profile Inspector and the curves you have C,M,Y values that are RGB values. Should not a Pro version has the ability to show RGB? Also the TAC gets funny with values over 750!!! This is values I get when opening a profile from Epson “Pro9800 7800 VFAP_MK”

L= 100
C= 255
M= 255
Y= 255
Black= 0.0
TAC= 765

What do you get out of that??
Also the beta verion 3.10 does not work, I try to open a profile but it just not do nothing, so I had to switch back to the 3.0. In the 3D Grapher I can not use the “Chroma rings” does not work.

I use Windows XP with all latest updates including graphic card etc etc.

Soren

Gotta tell you, I don’t bother to report bugs any more. Most of the bugs reported 15 months ago are still there (over 50), and apparently a bunch of new ones have been added. If they have been fixing bugs, it must be a lot worse than even I thought, because very few of the ones I reported have been fixed.

–John

Hermie,
I did have a long conversation with Chromix as to these issues and was assured a new beta within the next couple of weeks would address most of these issues. As a longtime alpha/beta tester in the imaging industry, I must confess that I’ve heard this line before. However, we can only wait and see.
Also, it would be rather embarassing for me to be using Chromix CT Pro this year at WPPI, Photoshop World, PhotoExpo, guild and pro demos, and have it exhibit behaviour like I’ve found. I bought CT Pro to keep from having to carry my Gretag ProfileMaker Pro dongle with me but as it is, I’m still going to have to use PMP for reliability.
Regards,
George

Soren,
The latest beta doesn’t work for me on any of my systems either. I get the dreaded Error n01 and end up having to terminate the CT process as it no longer responds,
Regards,
George

At 6:35 AM -0800 3/7/07, VG wrote:

Hi George,

First, I apologize for the problems you are having with the software.

You got caught between version 3.0 (which certainly contains some problems) and beta 10 which has a problem that arose unexpectedly. This issue causes problems with opening files and, as you have discovered, this affects ColorThink in a number of locations.

The problem has been fixed and we will be releasing beta 11 on Tuesday afternoon. Then you will be able to open files and explore the features of the grapher and worksheet effectively.

We have indeed been listening and tuning ColorThink continuously. Creating a tool that is comprehensive and flexible is involved and I apologize if problems arise in the software. But rest assured, we take any issues we find seriously and will work to solve them.

One of the largest problems we have is with OpenGL on Windows. Many different system and/or driver updates can affect OpenGL drivers and then graphing becomes very unstable. I remember that something like 8 problems that John H. reported (that we had trouble reproducing here) disappeared when he clean-reinstalled or upgraded his version of Windows.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com

Post generated from email list

At 9:43 AM -0800 3/9/07, soren wrote:

yes, a small malfunction. The labels did not change. The values were correct though. This has been fixed in beta 11 so they are now correctly labelled as Red, Green and Blue

Well, that was actually the combined total (255 x 3 channels = 765). I left this active for RGB but in hindsight I realize that there is no value in TAC for RGB profiles. It has also been corrected in beta 11 (removed for RGB profiles)

As I mentioned, this has now been corrected in beta 11.

That is a shortcoming in Windows OpenGL. I am working on a substitution, in the mentime, the feature has been removed.

unfortunately even that won’t help for this problem.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com

Post generated from email list