CT pro "out of bounds" error after shut down and r

I just purchased and installed CT3.0. I also installed the latest beta:301b24. I’m a relative CM newbe so I haven’t digested all the functionality of the software, but after install, everything I’ve tried seems to be working (graphing, worksheet, profile medic, etc.). After I close and reopen the program, most things seem to be working, but any method I use to attempt a 2 or 3d graph, I get: “An unexpected error occured: Out of Bounds.”

After a clean reinstall of 3.0, I get the error, out of the box. After installing b24, the error is gone until I close and reopen b24 at which time the error returns, forcing another reinstall.

This isn’t a show stopper, but a bit annoying, to be sure.

I’m running W7 HomePremium 64bit SP1 w/all latest updates. Aslo, ATI Radeon HD 4600 (latest driver).

Any help would be appreciated.

I think I may have found my problem… the b24.exe is not an install.exe (??) but simply is run as an executable after installing 3.0. Therefore my desktop icon did not update its properties to point to the new executable after running the b24.exe because that isn’t (?) an install.exe. After closing the program I was using the desktop icon to reopen the 3.0.exe which has the out of bounds bug in it. Of course, if this is indeed my error, you all know this already but hopefully this will help someone else who may have missed the memo that the rest of you got and I overlooked. If the b24.exe IS an install, then running it re-installs in a matter of seconds and I’m on my way. WHATever… : )

Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:19 AM
To: ColorThinkForum@colorforums.com (ColorThinkForum@colorforums.com)
Subject: CT pro “out of bounds” error after shut down and

I just purchased and installed CT3.0. I also installed the latest beta:301b24. I’m a relative CM newbe so I haven’t digested all the functionality of the software, but after install, everything I’ve tried seems to be working (graphing, worksheet, profile medic, etc.). After I close and reopen the program, most things seem to be working, but any method I use to attempt a 2 or 3d graph, I get: “An unexpected error occured: Out of Bounds.”

After a clean reinstall of 3.0, I get the error, out of the box. After installing b24, the error is gone until I close and reopen b24 at which time the error returns, forcing another reinstall.

This isn’t a show stopper, but a bit annoying, to be sure.

I’m running W7 HomePremium 64bit SP1 w/all latest updates. Aslo, ATI Radeon HD 4600 (latest driver).

Any help would be appreciated.

Post generated from email list

Yep, Tim - you’ve got it.
Thanks for bringing this up so others can learn from it.

The most frequent difficulty we hear about is people using the 3.0 version instead of the latest beta. And then there’s the confusion you encountered where you’re not sure if the executable file is supposed to be an installer or just a simple .exe for the program.

I’m really looking forward to getting out of this beta cycle and moving forward with a actual release. A lot of issues can be resolved then.