Curve2 issues

A couple of bugs that I have found with Curve2(Mac platform.)
I can’t send feedback through the feedback system?
Curve2 hangs when you double-click a session to open it.
Curve 2 hangs when you try to save a session that has already been saved. Curve2 doesn’t seem to want to overwrite the existing session.
What happened to submitting curve data through the software for re-qualifications?
Best regards,
Todd

Hi Todd,
All the issues you mention should work fine.

The feedback system is found (on a Mac) at Curve2.0 > Feedback system. It should work just great. What problem did you encounter when you tried to use it?

Double-clicking a session file in the finder should cause it to open in Curve2.

I can “File > Save As” over an existing session name, or I can choose “File > Save” and everything saves correctly (without hanging).

Most of these issues you mention were found and solved during the beta testing period, but the current shipping version (Curve2.0 for Mac) should have none of these problems. Do you have an unusual setup or are you on an older version of the OS?

Concerning the submission of G7 files for qualification:
This software is a little different from the original Curve in that Curve2 is not directly connected with IDEAlliance. From now on, IDEAlliance wants everyone to go to their website directly, create an account and submit files there.

There is a link to the http://www.idealliance.org website under “Web”.

[The feedback system is found (on a Mac) at Curve2.0 > Feedback system. It should work just great. What problem did you encounter when you tried to use it? ]
Probably a security issue on my side-I’ll discuss with our IS people.
[Double-clicking a session file in the finder should cause it to open in Curve2.]
Does this take an extremely long time?

[I can “File > Save As” over an existing session name, or I can choose “File > Save” and everything saves correctly (without hanging).]
This does not happen when I save to my desktop, only when I save to our server. I get an Error:0 and an Error: -54, then an Error NO1 and the software crashes. I am using OS 10.5.8
Best regards,
Todd
[/quote]

Opening a saved session file can take a long time, depending on your processor and the amount of information in your session. If you have many runs and several averaged measurements in each run (like you should) this creates a lot of data for the program to reassemble and recalculate.

It is interesting that the File > Save only happens when saving to your server. We have not encountered any saving problems when testing on our internal servers. Do you have the correct rights and privileges to save to that location on your server? Are there certain privileges that are restricted on your server?

When you save a session there, check the sharing and permissions of that file. See if opening up the privileges to everyone read and write will make a difference.