Curves+Perceptual intent looks whacked with i1Profiler

Hello,

Opening an i1Profiler profile in CTPro and then viewing the perceptual intent in the Curves dialog looks very whacked.

I was going to attach screen grabs of a normal PM5 GRACoL profile along with an i1Profiler GRACoL profile but there doesn’t seem to be a way of doing this.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Good catch. Yes, we have seen this too. To make a long story short, it has to do with how ColorThink is using LittleCMS. We already have a fix for this which will be included in the next version of the software. I don’t know exactly when this will be, but we’ll try to make it soon!

For reference, this concerns viewing the neutral rendering curves using the perceptual intent with profiles made by the new i1Profiler. This is what we mean by “wacky”:

Yep Pat, that fits my definition of “whacked”. :slight_smile:

More importantly, can you tell me how to attach an image/screen grab to a post in this forum without going through the hassle of uploading the image somewhere and giving the URL? Other forums I’m on, it’s pretty easy to upload an image and attach to a post.

Terry

Hi,

With ColorThinkPro 3.0.1b24 I get the following weird curves when inspecting a i1Profiler (v1.1.1) created profile on perceptual intent:

juandent.com/WierdCurves.png

Thanks,
Juan