darkest black on cg 222 W

Recently i purchaced an Eizo cg 222 W because of all the good things i read about,and in sofar i can confirm its a beauty in almost all aspects.
If a use the two factory buildin profiles, a)for photo editing or b)for printing,i have difficulty to see the darkest patches in a gray ramp.(online)
If i understand right the Adobe RGB space has compression in the darkest areas so its quite understandable.
Maybe its also related to viewing sRGB iimages(www) in the native Adobe RGB space(92 %)
The luminance in both profiles is set to 80,gamma 2,2 and blackpoint varies from minimal (measured 0,13) to 0,4 (measured 0,37).
I view by dimmed daylight and evening but there is no difference.
Maybe someone can shed more light on this,i really apreciate that !

What colorimeter are you using? A Spyder 3 will tend to read blacks a little higher, a DTP-94 will read blacks pretty low (0.14 or so). i1D2 somewhere in the middle.

This all depends of course on how bright you have the backlighting set at. The factory default of 80 luminance is oftentimes too low for most people in a normal room setting. But it might be right for you with a dimmed room, I don’t know. Your choice of luminance setting definitely affects the contrast ratio of the display. The brighter you set it, the greater contrast you’re going to be able to get, and that will in turn give you more “steps” in which to define different levels of shadows.

This is eluded to in an article on Monitors in our colorwiki:
http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Monitors_Part_One

thanks for reply,i used the dtp 94 and the recommended luminance of 80…90 is just too dark for my environment,so imade a new one with luminance up to 120 cd/m and yes now able to see more detail in the dark shades,but not perfect as i can’t differentiate between the 4 darkest shades in a gray ramp as i view it online at dry creek photo.
My wild guess is that because its a wide gamut display with 92 % adobe RGB and my browser (opera) is not color managed has something to do with it,i don’t know so my assumption can completely wrong and hope you can give a clue where and what to look for.

The browser might have something to do with it.
If you really want to know what you’re looking at, you should make your own step wedge image of varying degrees of black, and view that in Photoshop on your display. Then you can eliminate the browser from the equation.

If you’re looking at the Dry Creek web page I’m thinking of, then this is a very discriminating test and you would expect to be able to see the first patches except on the very best of equipment in the very best environment.