DDC/CI monitor control with GMB Eye-One?

In theory GretagMacbeth Eye-One Match since v3 has automatic hardware control through DDC/CI.
I calibrated many monitors with Eye-One Match v3 and v3.1, and I never seen this working. Any of you has experience with that? What you need to do to activate it?
What monitors are compatible with DDC/CI? (I found that many of the monitors I regularly use, has DDC/CI in it’s specs, but none worked with the Eye-One Match).

Any comments?
Thanks
Xavier

At 10:37 PM -0800 3/24/05, xavier_DE0 wrote:

In theory GretagMacbeth Eye-One Match since v3 has automatic hardware control through DDC/CI.
I calibrated many monitors with Eye-One Match v3 and v3.1, and I never seen this working. Any of you has experience with that? What you need to do to activate it?

I have heard it’s working as well but have yet to see it.

I think that if it is working you will not be presented with the RGB control/setting stage of the calibration as the software should do this for you… this is my speculation though… not based on truth…

What monitors are compatible with DDC/CI? (I found that many of the monitors I regularly use, has DDC/CI in it’s specs, but none worked with the Eye-One Match).

that is tough to say too. I’ve been looking for a utility for this but haven’t found one. I think the ColorEyes Display and BasICColor Display software take advantage of this as well and give some sort of feedback to this effect but I can’t remember.

I was looking at getting more into this stuff and then the whole world went (is going) LCD and it’s not nearly as relevant on the LCD so I haven’t put the time into it yet…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Steve, Sorry I’m so late to the game. The status of ddc as I know it right now looks like this.LaCie and Sony CRTs have had ddc for 3-4 years now. In the case of LaCie, one of the two outputs was ddc so the user has to test or check the pinouts list in the manual. It has only worked on the mac and with ColorEyes/Basiccolor. Newer LCDs like Eizo ColorEdge, Eizo Flexscan (pc only) LaCie and NEC have ddc capability. However the software to drive these is not available except, as far as I know, in ColorEyes/Basiccolor for the mac and only on the ColorEdge. This should change soon. I can’t speak for Gretag or Monaco but Coloreyes should have implementation of the pc side very soon. ColorEyes already works with the ColorEdge on the Mac. LaCie (Blue Eye) has a ddc solution for their 321 on the mac only.