At 3:29 PM -0800 1/11/06, mikec wrote:
well, a couple.
One - you could try building a device link with higher resolution in the tables. In my testing I found that the resolution of the tables in the link played a significant role in the accuracy of the link and its ability to mimic the conventional transform.
Two - you could check the link vs the conventional transform using ColorThink Pro.
- Open a CMYK color file (there’s one in the stunt files folder) into the worksheet
- apply the link to the file to generate the new CMYK
- apply your destination profile to the end of this workflow to get correct Lab values for comparison. **
- click ‘new’ in the workflow region and Pro will open the same CMYK file in a new workflow (same sheet) for comparison
- open your source & destination profiles into this workflow
- turn on delta-E and see if it shows any difference between them
**(Pro will use a SWOP profile to calculate the Lab values for the CMYK numbers as a default)
let us know what you find…
Post generated from email list