Difference between v2 and v4

I just got around to evaluating my monitor profiles and am surprised to notice a difference between v2 and v4. Viewing them in the 3d graph in ColorThink (not Proyet) using the Lab Neutral Test file, the v4 profiles all veered away from neutrality towards the top of the graph, the top six bars. It could be best described as looking like a flag on a poll. This is not monitor specific and is the same whether using matrix or LUT mode. I am using NEC CRTs with iMatch 3.6, (D65,2.2,85) and an ATI graphics card on XP Pro-SP2. Any thoughts?

David Good
Good Photoworks

I should have included more details. Of course I was referring to the new ICC standard v4. I decided to read up on the differences between the two versions and found much valuable information here: color.org/
There is a white paper entitled ICC version 2 and version 4 display profile differences that goes into detail why the profiles may appear different at. Im still getting my head around it, essentially it describes how the chromatic adaptation from an assumed state of D50 is specified in the media white point tag. It may be that some CMMs have not yet fully caught up.
For those interested I was viewing a delta-e of over 7 towards the white point.

David Good
Good Photoworks