differences in delta E between the color from x vs y

I have an odd question for you. I am a new Colorthink Pro user and would like to know what the best way to take the CGATS data from (5) IT8 targets and average them together, then take the averaged IT8 CGATS and compare it to another set of averaged CGATS IT8 data to find the relevant differences in ∆E for C,M,Y,K

In other words:

5 duplicate IT8 targets printed on machine X.

5 duplicate IT8 targets printed on machine Y.

CGATS data form X is averaged = Xμ

CGATS data from Y is averaged = Yμ

data from Xμ is compared to Yμ to give the ∆E for C,M,Y,K (yielding the main differences in delta E between the color from machine x vs machine y)

Maybe I should use Profilemaker’s Measure Tool to average, but I have not done this before.

Any suggestions?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Rob

Anyone please let me know if I am off base posting this here?
I am new to the forum, so I’m not sure if I posted in an appropriate location.

Thanks,

Rob

Sure, if you have Measure Tool, you can do the averaging and comparing right in that application.

Bret

deleted

Ok, figured out averaging in measure tool.

The only thing I need to sort out now is how to get the delta e from the comparison of two specific Lab values.

Right above the averaging button in Measure tool is the comparing button. Load one averaged file in the left and the other averaged chart on the right, and it will compare every patch. You then just have to find the specific patches you want to compare and click on them to get the delta E value. on the right is a drop down menu that allows you to choose between the various flavors of delta E as well.

Bret

Thank you Bret. It seems silly, but you just helped me a lot!

Good job.
MeasureTool is a great tool to use for averaging like this. Since you have ColorThink already, you can get more functionality using the worksheet to do delta E comparisons.

You can use several different flavors of dE, you can arrange the patches according to luminance, chroma or hue, and get a visual display of how far out the points of the image are.

More information is in the manual:
colorwiki.com/wiki/Compare_D … asurements