Durst Lambda Banding problem

Hello,
We have a p51 Lambda. Our color match looks great but the profile is flawed. Our Lambda profile (Monaco Profiler, A3 paper size, 1728 patches) is causing banding problems (It shows up in shadows on white backgrounds)
I created some tests that tried to pin point the problem and I was surpised to find out that the banding disappeared when I sent the file “raw”. (RGB Adobe 98)
I’ll thank you a head of time for your response!
-GH

At 11:03 AM -0700 4/26/05, George Wes Hoffschildt wrote:

Hello,
We have a p51 Lambda. Our color match looks great but the profile is flawed. Our Lambda profile (Monaco Profiler, A3 paper size, 1728 patches) is causing banding problems (It shows up in shadows on white backgrounds)
I created some tests that tried to pin point the problem and I was surpised to find out that the banding disappeared when I sent the file “raw”. (RGB Adobe 98)
I’ll thank you a head of time for your response!

this kind of thing can be tough to diagnose. It is good to know that it doesn’t show up with raw data, that at least gets us focusing on the profile itself…

the text thing I’d try is either a larger or smaller target. If a target is too big it may cause unnecessary variations that can show up as banding, if it is too small it may not catch variations in the device…

let us know how it goes…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list