EDiting monitor profile

I am profiling a Sager windows XP laptop using Eye One monitor. The Blues are to green and the yellows are to red with the resulting profile. Is there a WYSIWIG profile editor that will allow me to tweak the profiles?

I profile the LaCie electron 22’s monitors on my MACs using the LaCie colorimeter and software and they are dead on, no problems. I am surprised the laptop profiles are so far off.

At 4:31 AM -0700 4/7/05, Hankg wrote:

I am profiling a Sager windows XP laptop using Eye One monitor. The Blues are to green and the yellows are to red with the resulting profile. Is there a WYSIWIG profile editor that will allow me to tweak the profiles?

there might be one but editing monitor profiles is pretty rare and not usually recommended

I profile the LaCie electron 22’s monitors on my MACs using the LaCie colorimeter and software and they are dead on, no problems. I am surprised the laptop profiles are so far off.

yeah me too. I think you might be battling something else here… perhaps an incompatibility between the LCD and the instrument. I haven’t heard of this one but…

are you calibrating to native white or some other?

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

I have tried every variation of color temperature and white point and the software calibrates the monitor to the same end result. Pretty impressive, but it would be even more impressive if the result where more acurate.

I have a similar problem when attempting to calibrate my Compaq.

I’ve given up, but have often wondered if the weight of the device resting on the surface of the LCD is compressing the display to the point of distorting the panel and tinting the display.

Just a thought.

-Brian Dieckman
Project Facilitator and Black Belt
Sony DADC Global, Terre Haute, IN