Eye-One Error: Multiple vs. Single "Dings"

This may be dumb, new-user error but nonetheless here goes…

In scanning a target in strip mode, I’ll get a single ding @ the beginning of each strip and a single ding @ the end. All is well…so far.

After a dozen or so strips, I’ll be asked to re-read a strip more slowly. I then sometimes get in a mode where a single press and hold of the Eye-One, yields a ding-ding…ding–dah–ding pattern and I can’t get back into normal “read” mode.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get out of this loop?

Thanks,
Stephen

At 4:31 PM -0700 6/10/05, skahn wrote:

This may be dumb, new-user error but nonetheless here goes…

In scanning a target in strip mode, I’ll get a single ding @ the beginning of each strip and a single ding @ the end. All is well…so far.

After a dozen or so strips, I’ll be asked to re-read a strip more slowly. I then sometimes get in a mode where a single press and hold of the Eye-One, yields a ding-ding…ding–dah–ding pattern and I can’t get back into normal “read” mode.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get out of this loop?

I’m not sure you are doing anything specifically wrong but it might be due to power problems.

If your USB bus is not well powered then you can start getting errors after reading more and more patches, especially at the ends of rows. It starts to act like you are releasing the button early even when you aren’t.

then again, you might be releasing the button early?

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list