Eye One Printer Profiles

After a fussy USB start requiring the set up of a new user account…

What I discovered was that using the smaller number of color patches gave the best profile. That the 2 page mega printout produced a spiky profile.

Then I had a look at that Fuji Software… And a few photoshop plugins…

It seems to me that we need some software that could “Average Out” say 3+ read in profiles.

And where you could print out a page using say profile test_x and that corrections which are applied to profile test_x to give you test_x1.

And then to be able to interfere with these curves directly to get rid of bumps.

I couldn’t find a single tool that I thought achieved these objectives.

I think you guys should build something.

Or tell me what exists that I’ve missed?

Jon.

Just to add a bit more to that…

I have found an Excel tool. A lot of what I’m talking about could me done as an export from ColotThink to Excel. Or VB Or Flash.

Perhaps you could start a little open souce project on this topic. We might be better educated in the process.

aim-dtp.net/aim/technology/index.htm

I’m sure you get the idea.

Jon

There is currently one open source profiler project that will create printer profiles - argyllcms. I am the maintainer of another open source profiler - LPROF. I have been the maintainer for about 2 months. LPROF currently produces scanner, camera and monitor profiles but does not create printer profiles. This is planned for a future release.

Where’s marty’s little cms gone to?
I see him at HP once and a while but wonder if he’s still at it with the open source CMS and profiler that he told me he was on about a year ago or two.