Eye-One TC9.18 RGB Chart For Canon S9000 ?

Hi, I just received an Eye-One Photo kit and was wondering if using the 2 page TC9.18 RGB chart for my Canon S9000 would be worthwhile or just stick with the 1 page RGB 1.5 chart? Anyone tried both and compared already?

Thanks,
John

Hi John

The more patches you have the better it is : the profile will be more accurate !
It was when I tried to print in B&W with an Epson 1800 printer : I used first the one page,then the 2 pages and finally the three pages target (1100 patches) with Profile Maker. The result was evident and far better with the last profile.

Best regards
Norbert

25C in Paris, Alternate clouds and sun !

At 7:24 AM -0700 7/10/05, jtconte wrote:

Hi, I just received an Eye-One Photo kit and was wondering if using the 2 page TC9.18 RGB chart for my Canon S9000 would be worthwhile or just stick with the 1 page RGB 1.5 chart? Anyone tried both and compared already?

You should definitely try the 918 target. It samples colors more effectively and also adds many extra samples near gray so neutrals should turn out better.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Thanks Norbert and Steve. I will go with the larger target. I just didn’t want to waste paper, ink and time if there were little to no benefit.

Thanks,
John