EyeOne Patch size

Hi all,

I have used colorlab to generate some custom targets in order to measure them in PM Measure Tool.

The smallest patch size i have seen for Eyeone spectro is 0,9cm x 0,85cm without gaps, and thats translates in 27 patches in a single eyeone scan. The entire TC 9.18 patch can fit in 2 A4 pages.

I have generated a similar TIFF target with the same patch size, and of course the corresponding reference file, but for some reason eyeone can not measure it.

Anyone can explain what’s wrong?

Anyone knows the smallest patch size eyeone can handle?

My purpose is to fit as much patches i can in a single page.

Thank you in advanced.
Bill.

At 12:47 AM -0700 7/13/05, Nimrod7 wrote:

Hi all,

I have used colorlab to generate some custom targets in order to measure them in PM Measure Tool.

The smallest patch size i have seen for Eyeone spectro is 0,9cm x 0,85cm without gaps, and thats translates in 27 patches in a single eyeone scan. The entire TC 9.18 patch can fit in 2 A4 pages.

I have generated a similar TIFF target with the same patch size, and of course the corresponding reference file, but for some reason eyeone can not measure it.

I suppose that depends on what you mean by “can not measure it”. What type of error are you receiving?

The Eye-One requires a minimum of 20 dE difference between adjacent patches in order to detect the patch transitions…

Anyone can explain what’s wrong?

Anyone knows the smallest patch size eyeone can handle?

I think the above number is about right… actually I think you can go a bit smaller. The aperature is 5mm so with really accurate scanning, perhaps 7mm per patch?

My purpose is to fit as much patches i can in a single page.

indeed.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Hello Steve,

Thats exactly was the problem. I thought PM is more intelligent to separate patches, instead of based only in dE difference (and gaps).
Some patches in the rows was less than 20dE and measure tool was giving the usual beep error when I was trying to measure in scan mode.

Now I have to reorganize the 1500 patches in colorlab! :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Bill.