i1Match 3.6

The GMB download area has a new version of i1Match (3.6) for download. It almost sounds too good to be true.

I’d be interested to hear what the experts think about the new “Colorful Gamut” profile option.

Here are some highlights from the release notes:

• Create your profiles according to the ICC 2 (default) or ICC 4 specification. Accessible via the options menu in the application.

Monitor module in general

• Before and after calibration step added. After your calibration you can you check how the monitor looked before calibration.

Monitor module for Eye-One Pro and Eye-One Display device:

• Create Matrix or LUT profiles. Accessible via options menu in the application.
  • Monitor profile validator and trending graph

Printer Module:

• New gamut mapping included! The new Colorful Gamut mapping from Profile Maker 5.05 is now used in Eye-One Match.

The rumor was that the next release of Eye-One Match would be updated with the latest profiling engine logic that ships with ProfileMaker. Does the new Colorful gamut option suggest that v3.6 did get the upgrade? Also, does anyone have experience with the Colorful gamut option?

Best, Jay Massena

Did get the upgrade
I am not seeing anything but ProfileMaker 5.05 on gretags site

On Mar 31, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Jayma wrote:

Post generated from email list

Yes, with ProfileMaker 5.05. I haven’t used i1Match for anything but monitor profiling, but within ProfileMaker, given the other gamut mapping choices of Chroma Plus and Classic, Colorful is the way to go…smoother and decent saturation maintained (with perceptual rendering, with rel col., it appears to be the came as Chroma Plus). So its likely an improvement for i1Match.

Thanks. It does seem that version 3.6’s profiles are better than the old ones in perceptual mode. I was a little reluctant at first since i1Match doesn’t offer an algorithm choice (always a good idea to keep the old version around).

Version 3.6 seems to be a solid update overall, I particularly like the ICC version 4 support and the LUT display profiles.

Now they need to update i1Share – the current doesn’t like the v4 LUT display profiles generated by i1Match 3.6. Ooops.

[quote="

t_username"]

Yes, with ProfileMaker 5.05. I haven’t used i1Match for anything but monitor profiling, but within ProfileMaker, given the other gamut mapping choices of Chroma Plus and Classic, Colorful is the way to go…smoother and decent saturation maintained (with perceptual rendering, with rel col., it appears to be the came as Chroma Plus). So its likely an improvement for i1Match.
[/quote]

I agree, Colorful is the default to use.

Also nice is the Native Gamma for display calibration.

Rodney. Are you talking to use native gamma in CRT and LCD?
THanks

[quote="

t_username"]

Rodney. Are you talking to use native gamma in CRT and LCD?
THanks
[/quote]

Yup