IDEALink

I have the new Idealink software and I am using the reference file (.txt) within Profilemaker 5. I notice immediately that the P2P .TIFF is a mirrored image of the reference file. In short, the Gracol logo is right reading, the referenced .TXT file is loaded correctly, however the file displayed though the Measurement Tool looks like a mirrored image of the .TIFF file…That does not look right.

I have a screen capture but there seems to be no way ot attach it to this forum. Anyone can explain why this is???

If you are reading the P2P chart with an eye-one, the first column you read has the black (300%) patch at the top of the column with the Cyan and red ramps. This will display as the upper-left patch in Measure tool and the Cyan and red ramps go off to the right. If you read down the ramps starting at that end and working across to the columns with gray balance variations, it will work properly.

Bret Hesler
L.P. Thebault Company

-----Original Message----- 
Sent: Mon 7/30/2007 5:01 PM 
Cc: 
Subject: IDEALink

I have the new Idealink software and I am using the reference file (.txt) within Profilemaker 5. I notice immediately that the P2P .TIFF is a mirrored image of the reference file. In short, the Gracol logo is right reading, the referenced .TXT file is loaded correctly, however the file displayed though the Measurement Tool looks like a mirrored image of the .TIFF file....That does not look right. 

I have a screen capture but there seems to be no way ot attach it to this forum. Anyone can explain why this is???

Post generated from email list

I am not sure of your question. So let me ask this. Are you having a problem reading the P2P target?

Jim Rich

On 7/30/07 5:01 PM, “Xavier”

heslerb,

Your explanation is perfect, basically with an eyeone you are reading the clumns (row) in numerical order from bottom to top starting on row 1 and continuing to row 11, correct? Please confirm.

I was using my iO table as opposed to the Eyeone, which I have no problem using manually. And no, I do not have any issues reading it, but the Measure tool shows the row 1 (with the reference file loaded) as being on the top and row 11 being on the bottom. This makes perfect sense if you are using the method for the Eyeone as heslerb described as above. However, if you are using an iO and take the measurement points as you usually do in the TL, LL and LR corners respectfully, then I would assum then the measurment would be wrong. You would actually have to take differenet reference points for it to work, no?

Again, the point is mute if you are using the Eyeone manually, and it is a small chart (I do not mean to sound spoiled, but if I have the technology why not use it?). But if you are using the iO table and use the usual reference points, I would assume you would run into issues.

Can you guys confirm?

I don’t have an IO table, so I can’t help you there. You might want to look at the p2p25x version. There is a .xml file for Colorport to use the IO to do the readings.

Bret

On 7/31/07 12:05 PM, “Xavier”