Identification of Specific Image Colour Area

Is there a way in ColorThink v3.03 to select a specific colour area in an image, for example a ruby glass vase on a table and have the component points of colour that make up that vase identified in the list an highlighted in the graph of the colour list?

Yes, you have several options with this. One of the buttons in the Images area is an eye dropper that will allow you to sample specific colors in the image. Just use the eye dropper to click anywhere on the image and a color list will populate with those colors. Click on the heading of the color list and choose Graph List to show them in the Grapher. Highlight any of the colors in the Worksheet colors area and they will immediately be marked with cross-hairs in the Grapher so you can identify them.

If your area to sample is large, you can also use the grid tool in the image area. Make a custom grid of 20 x 20 to create a 400 patch sampling and click and drag the grid over the ruby part of the vase. This populates the colors area with an even sampling of 400 colors.

Note that you can also enlarge the image using the magnifying glass and the different image view buttons, to zoom into a portion of an image.

Yes, thank you, Pat. I havent needed this option until now and when the need arose I failed to remember where to look, despite the fact that I had watched the 3 instructional videos on ColorThink a few times in the past. Coincidentally, though, while waiting at a doctors office for 3 hours today, I had an opportunity to review the videos again on my note pad and there it all was in part 3 starting at about 6 minutes 40 seconds. I felt like a fool.

Once again, ColorThink has proven to be an extremely impressive and very useful tool. I was at the point where I thought I would need to crop out the relevant colour sections from an image in PhotoShop to bring into ColorThink for processing in this way. But, the tools available in the Images area including the Target Selection Tool and the eye dropper provide several solutions to the issues at hand. So, I came to the forum to provide an update and found your reply. Thanks yet again for your help and thank you and Mr. Upton for creating such a great tool.