Known issues list for CT Pro?

As usual with a new piece of software I am discovering a few glitches in it.

Rather than waste this forum with problems that are probably known about, is there a list of known issues I can look at?

Alternatively, is it better to post issues here or email them to a particular address at Chromix.com (if so, which address)?

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

I have a list (sent to Chromix) which is unfortunately distressingly long at the moment. Steve has been diligently working on replicating, then exterminating said bugs. I am on PC platform, although most of the early bugs checked by another poster were cross-platform. I am running a beta, which fixes a number of issues. There are 44 bugs remaining on my (beta) list, which I would break down as follows (note that multiple bugs could actually just be one underlying problem–I have no way of knowing):

Hang/crash - 6
Erroneous calculations/values - 8
Doesn’t Function Properly - 6
Cosmetic/minor malfunction - 24

There were about 64 bugs on my original list.

–John

Thanks, John.

So it looks like the most efficient thing for me to do is post problems on this forum first, in case they are already known to you (or others), thus saving CT support having to read an email.

Regards,

Alan

Alan,

That is my take on it. Since a single underlying issue can present in several different ways, it isn’t always clear how many bugs are still in the software. I would rather have Steve work on the known bugs than look through email for new ones. Post them here (especially the serious ones) and I will comment on whether I think the problem has already been reported or may be new.

–John

At 3:13 PM -0800 3/1/06, John Hollenberg wrote:

that’s the truth!

Right. Thanks John.

Also, in my free time (ha!) I have implemented a feedback system that will allow you to submit reports, questions and feature requests AND attach files (such as screen shots, profiles, etc)

It will help keep things in order and also (in the next, “1.5” version of it) will allow you to track the item you submitted so you can see what’s going on.

I really want to respond to all the tech emails we get but I’m finding that sorting through emails and answering them can take us more time that just fixing the problem that was reported.

Anyway, rest assured we’re plugging away at it and making good progress. I’ll have the next beta available soon.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list