"Make ColorSync Profile Utility" fails to install

I have a custom profile made for my printer that seems to have been made on a non-Mac computer. My computer is a Mac (more info below). Hoping to fix this problem with your “Make ColorSync Profile Utility”, I downloaded both files on this page

www2.chromix.com/ColorSmarts/sma … a?snid=441

but neither one will install on my machine. My Mac seems to think that the OS X application is made for Power PCs, not Intel-based macs.

Here are the details of my Computer:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.2
Boot Volume: Boot
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Mark Woodss Computer
User Name: Mark Woods (markwood)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 5 minutes

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.72f2
Hardware UUID: 3607F6C1-1931-5A05-97FD-50D232FEE9BA

Many thanks for any help you can give,

Mark

“Make Profile” for Mac OS X is a Carbon app. Support for Carbon apps started to wane after Mac OS X 10.5… there is still some support in Snow Leopard and very little in Lion, but it’s gone altogether in Mountain Lion.

The developer of the application will have to update the application to the Cocoa framework in order for it to run on Lion and above.

I was able to get it to run on Snow Leopard, but not Lion or Mountain Lion.

Thanks Brian! --Mark

Even if a profile was made on a non-Mac, it still should show up and be accepted as a file on your Mac. Profiles are really designed to be exchangeable across different operating systems… at least if they are “ICC compliant profiles” they are. (I have run into profiles that do not follow the spec in one way or another.)

Certainly in recent years and with recent OS’s you no longer need the ‘Make ColorSync Profile’ app. That was only for older Mac OS’s (8, 9, and early X). But changing things like the file types and creators is just not needed anymore.

I’d like to step back a bit and ask what problems you’re having with this profile? Maybe something else is going on?