Microsoft producing simple gamut viewer tool...

Just for interest…

It appears that MS are producing a new tool soon that will allow 3D gamut plots of profiles…
http://www.nikondigital.org/news/ms_color_cpl/index.htm

From the screen-shots on this page the abilities seem very limited compared to ColorThink (as expected) - it appears to be limited to superimposing 2 profile gamuts, with no image gamut comparison.

I don’t think Chromix need to worry too much about this :slight_smile:

Regards

Alan

At 5:16 AM -0700 9/14/05, alanrew wrote:

Just for interest…

It appears that MS are producing a new tool soon that will allow 3D gamut plots of profiles…
http://www.nikondigital.org/news/ms_color_cpl/index.htm

From the screen-shots on this page the abilities seem very limited compared to ColorThink (as expected) - it appears to be limited to superimposing 2 profile gamuts, with no image gamut comparison.

that it indeed interesting. I am hoping to do some testing with their new system after we launch Pro so I’ll take a closer look then

I don’t think Chromix need to worry too much about this :slight_smile:

I hope not :wink: Actually, I think many of the things we are doing with ColorThink and especially Pro are well outside the scope of what an OS would want anyway…

thanks for the heads-up

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

It seems to be ready for XP. Check this site:
microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin … ntrol.mspx
Dick

WARNING

For those of you on dial-up, the installer is only 1 Meg, but the application is 23,697K!

Last time I checked, the entire ColorThink folder was only about 7.5 Meg… This control panel better do something very cool…

At 12:37 PM -0800 12/12/05, SonyDADC wrote:

WARNING

For those of you on dial-up, the installer is only 1 Meg, but the application is 23,697K!

Last time I checked, the entire ColorThink folder was only about 7.5 Meg… This control panel better do something very cool…

it is remarkably similar (almost identical) to the ColorSync utility. I think is is complimentary to ColorThink but certainly doesn’t replace it. (IMNSHO)

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list