Monaco monitor profiling - Warning for Windows Users

I just received my Monaco Optix XR Pro software/colorimeter last night. I installed the software and ran thru the process to calibrate and profile my monitor. Everything appeared to work okay (at least according to the software wizard).

Today I printed out the User Manual and have been walking thru it. On Page 52, under topic ‘Save Profile’, there is a Warning for Windows Users. It suggests that we should make sure we don’t have more that (approximately) 30 ICC files in the target directory, or else the O/S may apply the wrong profile. I looked, and both my PC and laptop systems must have 50-60 ICC profiles.

My question is… What do I do with the other profiles (should I just move some into a second directory some where)? AND is there any way to determine which profile the O/S is applying?

At 12:29 PM -0800 12/30/04, wbenson wrote:

I just received my Monaco Optix XR Pro software/colorimeter last night. I installed the software and ran thru the process to calibrate and profile my monitor. Everything appeared to work okay (at least according to the software wizard).

good to hear…

Today I printed out the User Manual and have been walking thru it. On Page 52, under topic ‘Save Profile’, there is a Warning for Windows Users. It suggests that we should make sure we don’t have more that (approximately) 30 ICC files in the target directory, or else the O/S may apply the wrong profile. I looked, and both my PC and laptop systems must have 50-60 ICC profiles.

right. I’ve heard about this bug but I think it is an old one - somewhere around win 2000 and perhaps early XP. I don’t think this is a concern any longer though…

My question is… What do I do with the other profiles (should I just move some into a second directory some where)? AND is there any way to determine which profile the O/S is applying?

In ColorThink I just move the profiles to an alternate directory on Win and Mac. There are all sorts of nifty hiding/showing methods but I like to: a) see what’s going on and b) change things back by hand if necessary. So I’d just move them out (or have ColorThink do it) and things should be fine.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX
o ColorGear ColorThink ColorValet ColorSmarts ProfileCentral

Post generated from email list