need help with doing ink profiles in production house 7.3

I am in need of help doing ink prifiling. Really new to all of this, so please bare with me on the questions I ask. Don’t really know where to start at. Would like to learn how to do, icc profiles, linearization table, etc.

thanks

Best place to start is where I started. Go to onyx’s website and sign up for an online web training session. They provide excellent training, and at a very fair and affordable price. I have also done onsite training at their facility in Utah, it was very useful as well.

Regards,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Need Help <creep-in@hotmail.com (creep-in@hotmail.com)> wrote:

Matthew H. Owens
Fine Canvas Prints
Fine Art Services

I would love to, but the company I work for does not want to pay that. they want me to learn it without training, which is fine with me. But need to be pointed in right direction to do so.

thanks

Way more costly to do that. The online training sessions are 199, and are well worth the money. Trust me, it’s a good idea to have someone show you the ropes. If you have onyx, you also should have onyx support. Rip’s are complex beasts, and to the uninitiated they can really be costly in time as far as the time needed to get them working. Another thing to be aware of is that with onyx, it is really important that your machine is dedicated to the rip, and is a relatively clean install. Norton Anti virus can really get in the way of onyx as well. The recommended install is to dedicate a box to it, send files to it via the web interface or hotfolders, and have those machines running antivirus.

The onyx training was the best 199 I could have ever spent. However, I have gone on to Ergosoft since then. Much easier to profile in, much more accurate, and a much simpler learning curve. But if you want to profile, the software is costly. You get what you pay for. Most print shops now days want the egg, and the golden hen that lays it for free. It just doesn’t work that way though.

Good Luck…

Onyx support to Media Manager Manual.
And also drivers have some difference feature.

So you’d better to ask your onyx dealer.
If you didn’t find manual, you can request your dealer or ONYX.

Sometime onyx support to Color Profile Training.
At that time you can be attend. It was free.

At least back when Johanna Franke was the head of the education department it was worth it… She was a great teacher.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM, vpars <vpars66@aol.com (vpars66@aol.com)> wrote:

Matthew H. Owens
Fine Canvas Prints
Fine Art Services