Production House 7 Saturation settings

Hi, I am trying to print a large format TIF file for a car wrap, onto vinyl and to be laminated. Hoping someone can give me some direction…

This file has been printed in the past for our client, and I am working from the last-used, supposed print TIF file so I assumed the color settings are correct in the file, using AdobeRGB 1998.

The guy who was here before me left notes to rip the TIF file into the Onyx Production House 7 as default and then set saturation to 180… One of my issues is that the only option for Saturation that I see is under “Render Intent”, but it does not allow me to enter an amount of saturation. I am trying to bring this purple-ish blue to a bright blue… Any suggestions of what I can try to get the right color? The colors have to match the clients existing vehicle wraps…

Thanks

Yeah, that previous guy is not referring to using the saturation rendering intent. But did he leave any other notes? What profile were you using for whatever printer you’re using? It’s been awhile since I’ve used Onyx (and that was only version 6) but the saturation bump to 180 he’s talking about is somewhere in the preflight app - poke around and you should find it. But there’s still some missing links in your color workflow that might need to be addressed as well once you find that.

Thanks for the response. We do not have other notes. I even emailed the previous designer and he doesn’t recall what he did to make this print work. Others here really have no clue either only that they recall difficulty in printing the files and sometimes the colors not looking the same from print to print (hood versus side of vehicle prints for example).
We’re using the 3M-10 setting which is 8 passes, bi-directional on a mimaki jv3. I did check in the preflight area but do not see the saturation option anywhere. The files are saved with RGB1998 colors as a TIF. I am hoping that finding the saturation setting is all that is needed here…