Profilemaker settings

Can anyone answer a couple of questions regarding making profiles in
PM please? I principally use it for making media profiles for our
Inkjet devices and am a bit in the dark as to the optimum way to go
about generating them.

1. Perceptual Rendering Intent - Paper-colored gray or Neutral Gray?
    Does this depend on colour of the media?
  2. Gamut Mapping - What the best one to use generally and why?
  3. Separation - I generally use GCR3 (pre-defined Inkjet400) as I’ve
    made my total ink settings already on the RIPs. Right or Wrong?

Kind Regards,
Alex

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or receive it in error, you may not use, distribute, alter, disclose or copy any of the information contained within as this may be unlawful to do so. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning this e-mail to us at postmaster@delta-display.com and destroy all copies. Any views expressed by individuals within this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Display Ltd or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from viruses, recipients are advised to subject this e-mail to their own virus checking software in keeping with good computing practice.
E-mails received by Delta Display Ltd or its subsidiaries and affiliates may be monitored in accordance with applicable law.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Post generated from email list

In my experience, Alex, I’ve found the following settings to be most useful:

Rendering Intent: Neutral Grey (use Paper-colored Grey if profiling a media with a noticible color bias to it)

Gamut Mapping: LOGO Colorful (this is the improved color mapping algorithm developed by the Gretag-MacBeth ProfileMaker team several years ago - I participated in the beta-testing program for that enhancement.)

Separation: GCR3 (most often recommended for inkjet printing)

TIP: Before generating your output profile, use the “Neutralize” button within Define Black Point to automatically limit and adjust the CMY curves for a more accurate neutral-gray axis.