Profiles in Panther (Multiple Users Question)

We recently purchased some replacement machines for some aging iMacs that couldn’t hold calibration…

These new machines won’t boot in OS9 (bummer) and we’re forced to use Panther and Safari with Acrobat for displaying our soft-proof PDF’s.

After purchasing new software (Monaco OptixXR Pro with our same instrument; X-Rite DTP92) and making a profile, I’m wondering if it will be possible for all users to use the profile?

I set up an account for the users on the floor that only has Safari and Acrobat available (to keep them out of trouble!) so there’s no opportunity to get to the System Preferences much less the Monitors control panel.

If I set the monitor profile as an Admin, will the profile “stick” when I log-out and the user logs-in?

-Brian Dieckman
Project Facilitator and Black Belt
Sony DADC Global, Terre Haute, IN

At 8:51 AM -0700 4/18/05, SonyDADC wrote:

We recently purchased some replacement machines for some aging iMacs that couldn’t hold calibration…

These new machines won’t boot in OS9 (bummer) and we’re forced to use Panther and Safari with Acrobat for displaying our soft-proof PDF’s.

After purchasing new software (Monaco OptixXR Pro with our same instrument; X-Rite DTP92) and making a profile, I’m wondering if it will be possible for all users to use the profile?

I set up an account for the users on the floor that only has Safari and Acrobat available (to keep them out of trouble!) so there’s no opportunity to get to the System Preferences much less the Monitors control panel.

If I set the monitor profile as an Admin, will the profile “stick” when I log-out and the user logs-in?

You will need to put the profile in the /library/colorsync/profiles/ folder to start with…

As to setting it in one place and having multiple users affected by that setting, I don’t think that’ll work. If I remember properly each user must set the profile (or you can copy one user’s prefs over to the other users…)

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list

Ouch.

I was afraid of that.

Time to read up on multiple use policies in Panther.

Thanks, Steve.

-Brian Dieckman
Project Facilitator and Black Belt
Sony DADC Global, Terre Haute, IN