Proofing mismatches...

I’m using ORIS and have created a color match to the profile I downloaded from the Gracol website: GRACoL2006_Coated1v2.icc

My equipment and my tolerances tell me that I’m within spec for this profile.

A printer that I’m working with is telling me otherwise. I get it - there’s variables that need to be understood on my end and his before we can get to the bottom of this.

He’s sent me his GMG analysis information that’s telling him that I’m not within spec for Gracol 7. The interesting thing is that his analysis tool is referencing something that looks like “Gracol2007#1”. I realize that this may be his own naming convention but it raises the question: Is there something newer for Gracol 7 other than what’s available on the Gracol website? Is there a newer profile than the on listed above?

Thanks and sorry for being so verbose.

Rusty

ps - we’re both using an EyeOne

There is nothing newer than what you are using. It is not uncommon for people to download the “characterization data” for a GRACoL 7 Spec. and then build their own profile from it (so they can customize any GCR, etc. they want in house). That might be why they would have named it 2007.

In your case, it would be best to ask them where they got that thing.

Thanks for the info Pat. Their color guy is out of town but when he comes back I’ll have a chat with him.

Best,
Rusty

I just got GMGs proof control and the Gracol2007#1 is their built-in setup for Gracol. The internal info says it is based off of Gracol2006_Coated1.txt

What are you reading that shows you are in spec? (Control strip, full IT8 chart?) What are the average and max Delta E readings?

Which spectrophotometer and is it UV filtered?

Bret

I just got GMG’s proof control and the Gracol2007#1 is their built-in setup for Gracol. The internal info says it is based off of Gracol2006_Coated1.txt

What are you reading that shows you are in spec? (Control strip, full IT8 chart?) What are the average and max Delta E readings?

Which spectrophotometer and is it UV filtered?

Bret

On 4/15/10 7:48 PM, “rupsty” <rusty@echeloncolor.com> wrote:

Post generated from email list