Steve - thread about CTP on RGB forum, needs response?

Steve,

Over on Rob Galbraith’s Color Management forum there’s some people reporting stability & usability issues with CT Pro, as well as delays receiving their licence keys etc.

It would probably be in your interests to review the thread and maybe respond.

The forum is at forums.robgalbraith.com/postlist … Board=UBB3

The thread title is ‘CHROMiX Launches ColorThink Pro ?’

The URL for the thread (this might not work) is as follows:
http://forums.robgalbraith.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=366021&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Regards,

Alan

Looks to be mostly on the Windows platform. As such, it would be useful to make sure they supply some hardware specifics. At least one of the posts seems to be a redraw/graphics issue.

Andrew,

That is true for one of the bugs. The others don’t appear to be related to graphics card hardware/software at first glance.

Since I am the one who posted, here is my hardware:

P4 3.0 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Matrox P750 Dualhead with latest BIOS, latest Windows Certified Drivers (11/1/05). Configured as two independent displays (including features) in Matrox Powerdesk software.

I didn’t post the list here as per the Welcome message, but sent the entire list (currently at 27 bugs) to [techsupport - at - chromix.com] yesterday. It shouldn’t be too difficult to see if these bugs are specific to my machine or can be reproduced on other hardware/software setups.

–John

I see Steve has responded to your posts on Galbraith (I lurk but dont post anymore).

As someone that does tech support and Q&E/beta coordinator for a few Photoshop plug-ins (PhotoKit) that Ill admit are super simple compared to ColorThink (and I assume Pro), I might suggest Steve open up the beta a bit more and consider using SoloBug for his sites to log reports. It runs Mac and PC, its super easy to use and its great for tracking bugs as well as each users individual system info. Our engineer set this all up so I dont know the cost but if we can afford it, anyone can . It really is a great tool that also allows us to track (internally) the submitted bugs via a web site so theres some checks and balances in what gets fixed and when.

EVERY piece of software on the planet has bugs. Finding the big ugly ones is key. Its hard to get really good beta testers (some just want free stuff) but every now and then, you run across someone like John here (31 bugs!) that makes it all worthwhile. Some people are just really good at finding them, some are not.

At 3:18 PM -0800 12/20/05, andrewrodney wrote:

I see Steve has responded to your posts on Galbraith (I lurk but dont post anymore).

As someone that does tech support and Q&E/beta coordinator for a few Photoshop plug-ins (PhotoKit) that Ill admit are super simple compared to ColorThink (and I assume Pro), I might suggest Steve open up the beta a bit more and consider using SoloBug for his sites to log reports.

I’m not familiar with this system, I’ll have to take a look.

It runs Mac and PC, its super easy to use and its great for tracking bugs as well as each users individual system info. Our engineer set this all up so I dont know the cost but if we can afford it, anyone can . It really is a great tool that also allows us to track (internally) the submitted bugs via a web site so theres some checks and balances in what gets fixed and when.

cool

EVERY piece of software on the planet has bugs. Finding the big ugly ones is key. Its hard to get really good beta testers (some just want free stuff) but every now and then, you run across someone like John here (31 bugs!) that makes it all worthwhile. Some people are just really good at finding them, some are not.

indeed. thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list