Yellow tint in our gray scale gradations

Hello all,

I was picked to get Color Management up and running for my company location here in Phoenix.

The equipment and software we have is as follows:

1. GretagMacbeth SpectroScan using the D65 lens.
  2. Profilemaker Pro 5.0
  3. ColorBurst 7.4G Rip
  4. Roland HiFi Jet Pro 600 inkjet printer

My problem is once I go through the steps to create my profiles and load them into ColorBurst. I get a yellow tint to my grayscale gradations (mainly in the lighter areas).

I have tried different settings, lens, targets and still can’t figure it out.

Our color management guy at our Dallas location walked me through there process and still no go.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Thanks

At 2:16 PM -0800 3/21/05, TR_Color wrote:

I was picked to get Color Management up and running for my company location here in Phoenix.

The equipment and software we have is as follows:

1. GretagMacbeth SpectroScan using the D65 lens.
  2. Profilemaker Pro 5.0
  3. ColorBurst 7.4G Rip
  4. Roland HiFi Jet Pro 600 inkjet printer

My problem is once I go through the steps to create my profiles and load them into ColorBurst. I get a yellow tint to my grayscale gradations (mainly in the lighter areas).

I have tried different settings, lens, targets and still can’t figure it out.

Our color management guy at our Dallas location walked me through there process and still no go.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more detailed info.

first, avoid the D65 filter. You should use the “U” filter (no filtration) the UV filter or the Pol filter.

second, which perceptual mapping did you choose? Paper gray or neutral gray? You should use Paper Gray…

third - test profiles by doing the conversion “by hand” (convert to profile) and sending the resulting image through the same path that the profiling target originally took (no color management in-RIP). Then you will know if the profile is OK. Then if you like the profile, try applying it in-RIP. I don’t trust RIP conversions until I know the profiles are good in Photoshop…

Regards,

Steve

o Steve Upton CHROMiX www.chromix.com
o (hueman) 866.CHROMiX

Post generated from email list