Convert gmg mx4 profiles to icc profiles

hi all
im using the gmg colorproof system
i recently had a situation where i had to make an icc profiles from some of my costume mx4 profiles

i did it the hard way by printing targets and profiling them again to icc.
i wonder if their is a faster way that uses the existing data of my mx4 profile.
the gmg can export data in several formats, non of them was qualified as an icc profile.

help anyone?

1 Like

hi ironchef,
Your GMG-dealer is trained to help You in this issue.

The normal way is to export the target values in IT8 7.3 format and use
an external profiling software or profiling service (e.g. from
Chromix…) to calculate an ICC profilee.

Jan-Peter

ironchef wrote:

*********** Neue Adresse / new adress ************

homann colormanagement ------ fon/fax +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann ------------- mobile +49 171 54 70 358
Christinenstr. 21 ------ colormanagement.de
10119 Berlin --------

*********** Neue Adresse / new adress ************
Post generated from email list

you can create it by using 4.5 version.

If you have Profile Editor included in your GMG software (if you don’t I would suggest you get it as it’s invaluable) then you can just export your target values as a text file and produce your ICC from that data.

1 Like

We are facing the similar problem, we don’t have a license of GMG profile editor , but acquired a license of Color Think Pro.
Can we convert the MXN profile into icc extension with the help of Color think pro?
Anyone?

Just documenting here for future readers that this question has been answered over in the Color Science forum:

I want to bring it in your knowledge, that our ultimate aim is to use those CMKY profiles created on GMG as a working space in photoshop.
It is not necessary for us to convert it ICC, but to convert in any format which we can use in photoshop.
Any Comments?